Archive for the ‘Kosher Pesto Steak’ Category
Kosher Pesto Steak
Kosher pesto steak is a great way to take a traditional steak and provide a little extra flavor to it. This recipe serves around six and provides a completely different flavor that has the added benefit of pesto smelling delicious on both the grill or in the oven.
- One pound of boneless top round kosher steak
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- One clove garlic, crushed
1. Grab a small bowl and combine the mustard, walnuts, garlic, and the basil.
2. To get the most flavor make sure that you mix them together to release the juices from all the ingredients.
3. Once you have combined these ingredients, set the bowl aside for a little bit.
4. Keep the steak approximately six inches from your heat source and broil for 10 to 12 minutes (depending on how red you like your steak). It is important that you only turn the steaks once to retain the juices in the meat. Do this halfway through cooking.
3. Grab the bowl and spread the pesto mixture on top of the steaks. Let broil for two or three more minutes until you see a slight browning effect on the steak.
If you want to be in for a real treat use the boneless ribeye steaks that you can get from shops like the Kosher Express for extra flavor and tenderness.